A hunting we will go…
Soak Boulder is “Hot on the Trail” in search for a home!
Here at Soak Boulder we have been happily hunting for our future location. Read on to see what we are looking for, catch up on our journey thus far, and find out how you can help!
What are we looking for?
We have identified two potential settings in which Soak Boulder could provide signature experiences in ways that meet the needs of this market:
- Urban Convenience in the heart of Boulder at an elegant, simple, accessible location designed for shorter, more frequent visits to downshift in the midst of daily life.
- Rural Destination on the outskirts of Boulder in a peaceful, spacious, nurturing setting perfect for a brief retreat or longer half- and full-day experiences.
In either case, here is what we are looking for and what is required in a space::
- 3,500 – 6,000 square feet, plus or minus – through extensive financial modeling, we established the sweet spot falls within this range.
- Land Use Code shows “personal services” as an allowed use (or possible through a special review); we are likely looking at a change of use no matter where we go since there are currently no bathhouses operating in Boulder.
- Zoning District for properties in the City of Boulder is one of the following: Business Community, Business Main Street, Business Regional, Business Transitional, Downtown, Mixed Use, Residential High, or Residential Mixed 1 – we have more flexibility outside of the city limits.
- Commercial Lease, though we are open to properties listed for purchase if it’s the right place.
- Boulder County, preferably within the city of Boulder or situated closely on the outskirts.
- Single-story or two-story stand alone unit, but open to shared tenancy and/or opportunities to partner with other like-minded businesses.
- Solidly engineered floors capable of holding large,weighty tubs filled with people and water.
- A basement or sizable crawl space is ideal for housing a pump room.
- Preferably not on a busy street with heavy traffic (at least offset).
- Outdoor space is desirable and allows for additive experiences/services (i.e. foot soaks, meditation garden, possible outdoor tubs, etc.).
- Looking for a property owned by an experienced, business savvy strategist who is aligned with the vision, sees this as a needed community asset, is willing to take a risk and knows a good thing when they see it.
How can you help?
The simplest way you can support this endeavor is to buy soak passes now!!! We are pre-selling passes to both demonstrate proof of concept and demand, and to build a cash asset account for guaranteeing our lease. This awesome deal gives you 50% off soak passes—the deepest discount we will ever offer, available for a limited time. Click here to purchase.
Other ways you can help include….
- Introduce us to developers and property owners.
- Lease your property to Soak Boulder!
- Spread the word to your networks and mention we are seeking a site.
- Contact us if you would like to help us secure a lease.
** As we prepare to engage in lease negotiations and execution, we are open to partnering with an individual or complementary, established business willing to bolster our credibility. While this may be unconventional, we are a startup business on our first foray in commercial real estate. We are aiming to be as prepared, strategic, and copasetic as possible in navigating the realities in front of us and believe in asking for the support we need..
What have we looked at thus far?
Out of the plethora of property listings we have perused, we visited around a dozen to date and submitted LOI’s on three. Check out the winners below to see what we loved about the properties.
Description: 5,000 sq ft stand alone brick building tucked in the quiet behind Lolita’s;formerly used as a warehouse and manufacturing space.
Description: 9798 sq ft 2-story brick building (a former bathhouse in the 70’s), with lots of potential, used as office space for the past three decades.
Description: 3600 sq ft 2-story brick building primarily used as a high-end office space, ideal pump room basement space, combo of historical/modern elements and fun layout.
What we loved…
Each property had its own different features and advantages, and we discovered some things we really liked. . Here is a list of amenities and characteristics that would serve Soak Boulder well.
- Owners that are aligned with the vision and us!
- Blank slate buildings (big open boxes) that permit creativity and customization!
- Floor plans that work well with our concept and programming.
- High ceilings and solid floors.
- An accessible and noticeable Boulder location in a peaceful and quiet area (not a lot of hubbub or foot traffic).
- Close proximity to the many food options downtown Boulder has to offer.
- Easily accessible in all the ways, and great options for parking!
Who comprises our property search posse?
It takes a village to build this community asset, and we are thrilled to have the investment and support of collaborative, creative, resourceful, and connected professionals – some of Boulder’s best. We couldn’t ask for a more solid group to join us in manifesting this vision to reality.
Soak Boulder is collaborating with experienced professionals that bring expertise and brilliance in the following areas:
- Commercial real estate law and brokerage
- Commercial property ownership and leasing
- Architecture and development
- City planning at various levels
- Familiarity working with and building similar businesses ( (i.e. Soak on the Sound, Ojo Caliente and Ten Thousand Waves).
Final Words… Droppin’ the mic
This is an exciting chapter of Soak Boulder’s journey. The property search enlivens our passion, clarifies our vision and refines our efforts to bring Soak Boulder to you.
We are dreaming big and working with purpose. Our growing network of savvy and supportive people is helping us ask the right questions and find the right solutions, and we’re hot on the trail of Soak Boulder’s new home.